The ROOFBOX range of roof cabinets provide a proprietary solution to the inherent problems associated with bringing pipes, cables and ducts through the waterproofing layer at roof level. These insulated aluminium units are polyester powder coated and provide an alternative to the traditonal 'dog kennel' approach to weathering services as they exit onto the roof.
DOWNLOAD THE ROOFBOX BROCHURE HERE
DOWNLOAD THE ROOFBOX S SERIES PRICE LIST HERE
The ROOFBOX products fall into four catagories;
ROOFBOX S Series - Standard Units
The Standard construction aluminium units provide a solution for smaller roof openings. These units are supplied as a set which comprises a kerb upstand, insulated cabinet and removable lid for access and a weathering hood to protect the services as they penetrate the cabinet. All standard units are supplied with internal PIR insulation and external PPC finish to our standard RAL7047 colour. These cabinets are available from stock in three set sizes.
- 3 standard sizes normally available from stock
- Insulated internally with PIR insulation
- Apertures to units easily cut on site
- Range of weathering accessories and louvres can be added retrospectively if required
- Insulated kerb details to suit cold, warm and inverted roof constructions
- Smart appearance and uniform detailing for multiple service locations
ROOFBOX B Series - Bespoke Units
The Roofbox B series range of Bespoke roof cabinets are manufactured to suit site specific dimensions. They are used to accommodate larger roof penetrations such as ducts and large diameter pipework and are supplied to site as a pre-assembled unit. They are normally supplied with an insulated base section which can be configured to suit the particular roof construction on which the Roofbox is located - e.g. cold, warm and inverted roof constructions. They have a removable lid to facilitate easy installation of services. The removable lid also enables the Roofbox to be utilised for further service penetrations at a later date.
- Access doors for maintenance
- Louvre panels for the ventilation of shafts at roof level
- Spigot flashings for square and circular ducts
- Weathering hoods for cables trays and pipework penetrations
These roof cabinets are fabricated from pre-insulated aluminium panels and can be coated in any standard RAL colour. Full working drawings are supplied for approval prior to manufacture.
ROOFBOX M Series - Modular Units
The Modular units are designed for larger roof openings and are manufactured to meet specific location requirements. These units utilise a modular aluminium or steel frame system to provide support for the insulated weathering panels or louvres. Modular units can provide particular benefit where services have already been installed, or where access is restricted, as they are supplied in component form for construction on site. Modular units are supplied with pre insulated aluminiuim panels finished to any RAL colour to suit your project. Nicholson offers a full survey and design package for these units.
Advantages of the Modular system;
- To suit larger roof openings
- Site survey and design service
- Modular frame system enables units to be constructed around large duct penetrations
- A flashing to the base allows kerb upstands to be insulated
- Removable panels enable addition of extra services at a later date
- Early installation of the framework can help to reduce the danger of roof openings on site
- Fast site assembly/installation
ROOFBOX K Series - Kerb Units
Patent applied for
The Roofbox K series modular roof kerbs are an offsite approach to forming kerb upstands around roof openings. It removes the need for formwork involved in creating concrete kerbs and associated labour costs involved with this process. They are made to suit the size of the structural opening and can be fitted to roof as soon as the slab or deck is completed.
The K series kerbs feature a thermal break helping to improve efficiency and reduce potential condensation issues.
The K series modular kerb system can also be used on timber and steel deck roofs providing a ready to fit option that is quickly installed.
- Significant cost savings avoiding concrete formwork
- Reduced weight of roof structure
- Can be used on timber or concrete roof deck structures
- Pre insulated for increased thermal performance
- Made to size and supplied in kit form
- Any height up to 600mm available
- Compatible with the Roofbox M series
For further information or to discuss a particular requirment, please contact us on 0845 0098 980 or use the 'Contact Us' link at the top of this page.